Transport Policy for students/Parents
NIESR have limited transport facility, and please note that admission in school does not provide guarantee for the provision of school transport. We try our best to accommodate maximum requests but still subject to availability of seats and routes in your area. School is not bound at all to provide compulsory transport facility to all the admitted students currently. Please note:
1. Transport facility is optional and only available on request.
2. Transport fee is payable for full fee term or monthly basis.
3. For Cancellation of transport service, minimum (15) days advance notice is required before the expiry of the month, otherwise next month transportation fee will be charged in full.
4. In case if transport is required for a short term period due to emergency circumstances minimum payment would be for whole month, even if the bus is utilised for a part of a month, full month fee is payable.
A. Student Conduct on School Buses
Orderly behaviour on the transportation system is of utmost importance. Children who misbehave on the bus distract the driver, thereby endangering themselves and others may be denied this bus service. Students being transported are under the authority of the bus driver just as they are under the authority of the classroom teacher(s) while at school. In addition, the school administration continues to have authority over consequences for misbehaviour while on the school bus. Students shall consider the school bus an extension of the classroom and shall observe established and appropriate standards of classroom behaviour and dress while riding a bus. Students shall also observe the following specific standards:
Follow directions immediately when asked.
- Students must remain seated until the bus reaches the student’s destination.
- Keep all parts of your body inside the bus and to yourself.
- Students are prohibited from fighting; loud talking; using vulgarity; pushing; spitting; throwing objects off the bus; horseplay; hanging out the windows; eating; drinking; chewing gum; or any other disruptive behaviour.
- The bus driver is in full charge of the bus and the students are expected to follow directions given by drivers and/or bus Prefects.
Students are not to damage or deface school property.
- Buses must be kept safe and clean. Any damage will be paid for by the offender.
- Upon dismissal from the classroom, students are expected to report to their assigned buses in an orderly manner in time.
- The buses cannot wait; students must be on time.
- Students are to remain at a safe distance from the road while waiting for the bus.
- Students are to ride only the buses to which they are assigned by their home address unless a change is authorized by the principal or transportation in charge.
- Bus drivers have the authority to assign seats for any reason.
- Students should report unsafe behaviour to the driver or the Class Teacher.
B. Disciplinary Procedures for Bus Riders
Riding a school bus is a privilege. The safety and well-being of the students and the bus driver are of utmost importance. It is the responsibility of the Class Teacher to act upon discipline referrals submitted by bus drivers. In cases of severe offenses, the principal, in consultation with the Class Teacher, may take direct action without following the regular sequence of consequences given below.
1. On first offense, parents will be notified by phone, if possible, and in writing. Additional disciplinary action consistent with school policy may be applied.
2. If there is a second infraction, parents will again be notified. The student will also be removed from the bus for one week (five consecutive school days). Additional disciplinary action consistent with school policy may be applied.
3. Should a third infraction occur, parents will again be notified and the student will be removed from the bus for two weeks (10 consecutive school days). Additional disciplinary action consistent with school policy may be applied.
4. In the event of a fourth infraction, parents will be notified by phone or by a visit from the family member. The student will be removed from the bus for the remainder of the school year and disciplinary action consistent with school policy may be applied. The student may be allowed bus privileges on the afternoon the suspension occurs, unless other arrangements are made between the parent and the principal.
I, _______________________________________ Father/Mother of __________________________________ have read and agree to the above fee policy of the school.
Dated: _________________ ________________________________
(Signature of the Parents)